
Jasmine Montes, was addicted for 3 yrs and has been participating in the youth group for 3 months.
“I was a young woman who lacked self confidence. I thought that I was ugly and overweight. I was with a guy whom along with friends, caused peer pressure for me to do drugs. I started first with weed, moved on to crystal and cocaine. I also became addicted to alcohol (Hennessey, Corona, Patrona etc.).
"To my dismay, the effects of drugs were not everlasting, and as soon as the effects wore out, my problems returned."
I would be depressed and as soon as I was under the effects of the drugs, the pain and worries would disappear. To my dismay, the effects of drugs were not everlasting, and as soon as the effects wore out, my problems returned. That was why I would keep a bottle of alcohol under my bed and start drinking. I never tried to stop drinking, I wanted more and more. For me it was easy to feed my addiction, my sister and I lacked our parent’s attention. It came to a point when I left my house and moved in with my boyfriend. He would make me sell drugs, get money in the streets and he would beat me up badly.
My parents would invite me to church but I didn’t care for their help. When I finally got tired of my way of life I decided to take God seriously and with the help of the ministry I started my journey. I realized that I did not have to accept the problems. The first day that I set foot in church I decided that I wanted to stop my old way of living, and God opened my eyes. From then on I haven’t looked back. I have never felt more confident and good about myself. I get along with my parents, and I know what I want to do with my life…I want to serve GOD!
Teens, pray to God and come participate with other youths who are willing to help you. Look for God and you shall find Him.”
No comments:
Post a Comment